Updated: July 13, 2021
- What information do we collect?
Unless you opt-out, our website uses “Cookies” and other automatic data collection technologies with your consent to collect personal information whenever you visit or interact with the Site, including unique identifiers and preference information such as IP address, technical usage, browser type, time zone settings, language preferences, operating system, unique device identifiers, search history, page response times and length of visit, pages viewed, marketing preferences or navigation and clickstream behavior for online interactions.
These Cookies helps us understand how you use the Site and the content of the Site in order to make improvements. We also may use these Cookies to promote our services through marketing and advertising. These Cookies may be accessed or disclosed to third-parties for the purpose of serving you relevant advertisements.
You can opt-out of Cookies or prevent third-party websites from accessing our Cookies through the privacy settings on your browser. However, opting-out of our Cookies may disable some of the Site’s features, and may prevent us from providing you with the information and services you have requested.
When you submit a “Contact Us” form on the Site, we will collect your name, e-mail, phone number, and your company’s name and website. This information will be used by WELL’s corporate development team to understand your business and conduct the appropriate follow-up.
If you sign up to receive direct marketing or promotional communications from WELL, we will collect your name and e-mail to inform you about WELL and our products and services.
- Why do we use personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- manage our relationship with you and provide you with the information or services you request,
- conduct research and evaluate research and development on the Site including analyzing testing data to improve our services,
- communicate with you regarding inquiries for information or customer service request,
- detect, prevent or investigate security breaches,
- protect our business, and
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
WELL reserves the right to aggregate and anonymize personal information (or other information) stored on its system and use such aggregated information as it sees fit.
- Who do we share the personal information with?
We only share your personal information with service providers in order to operate the Site and offer you the information or services you request. This includes sharing your personal information for
- fraud prevention,
- providing requested services or information,
- operating the Site, and
- customer service.
Exceptionally, as allowed or required by law, we may have to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies where they demonstrate they have the legal authority to request it.
If we merge with another business, we will inform you of any impact on your personal information.
- How long do we keep personal information?
We retain personal information for as long as required to provide the services for which it was collected, otherwise, in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- How do we keep personal information accurate?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information in our custody is accurate and up-to-date but we mostly rely on you to notify us of any changes to personal information you provided us.
- How do we protect your personal information?
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative and technical measures designed to help you secure your personal information against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure. Only staff and service providers who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing the personal information collected by us are authorized to do so. Unauthorized use of personal information by anyone affiliated with WELL is prohibited and constitutes grounds for disciplinary action.
Even though we take all necessary steps to protect your personal information, security breaches cannot be eliminated and we cannot guarantee no breach will ever occur.
- Where do we store personal information?
All personal information we collect is stored on secure servers in Canada; however, personal information processed by our third-party service providers may be done outside of Canada.
While outside of Canada, personal information is subject to that jurisdiction’s laws, which may permit governmental authorities the right to access your personal information.
For more information on our service providers or where we store personal information, contact us at [email protected].
- Links to third-party sites
Our Site may lead you to third-party websites, including websites advertising other products or services. Those organizations are separate and distinct from WELL and have their own separate privacy policies. We are not responsible in any way for how any third-party collects, uses or discloses your personal information, so it is important to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of these websites before providing your personal information to them.
- Direct marketing
You may sign up to receive marketing or promotional communications from WELL. Where you have expressly consented, we may use your personal information to inform you about us and our products and our services, including promotional offers and events.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional communications from us, you can opt-out at any time by:
- using the unsubscribe feature found in our emails and other electronic communications, or
- contacting us via email at [email protected].
We destroy your information as soon as you unsubscribe.
- Your rights
You also have the right to:
- make a written request to access your personal information,
- request us to restrict our use or disclosure of your personal information,
- object to our use or disclosure of your personal information,
- request that we edit, but not remove, certain information (like an e-mail address),
- request that we transfer to another organization the personal information you have provided us, and
- request us to delete the personal information we hold about you.
Contact us at [email protected] to exercise any of these rights. We will respond within 30 days. If we cannot grant your request, for example if you make an access request and providing you access would disclose personal information about another person, we will give reasons.
We will address all requests with equal attention.
- Contacting us
If after contacting us you are still not satisfied, you have the right to file a complaint with your local privacy authority.